The Board of Trustees is the legal governing authority of the Library, and has the final responsibility for deciding library policy and budgetary procedures. All board meetings and the annual meeting of the Rutland Free Library Association, Inc., are open and the public is encouraged to attend.
Board meetings are posted according Vermont’s “Open Meeting Law” codified at 1 V.S.A. 311 et. seq., although as an independent nonprofit, the Library is not bound by the law. Committee and subcommittee agendas and minutes are not posted but can be obtained on request. Membership in the Association is free and open to all. The frequency and general schedule of the board’s meetings are described in the Association’s bylaws. Details are posted in the library and on the calendar.
You may contact the President of the Board of Trustees by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board & Committee Meeting Minutes and Agendas
2015-2016 Board of Trustees
- Michael Brochu – President (Rutland City)
- Joan Gamble – Vice President (Rutland City)
- Cathy Reynolds – Treasurer (Tinmouth)
- Vacant – Secretary
- Heather Cooper (Rutland City)
- Vacant (At large)
- Liz DiMarco Weinmann (Rutland City)
- Doris Farenkopf (Rutland City)
- Kay Jones (Ira)
- Betsy Reddy (Mendon)
- Rachel Alexander (Mayor Appointment Rutland City)
- Sherri Durgin-Campbell (Rutland City)
- Jude Endrizal (Rutland City)
- Betsy Bloomer (Rutland City)
- Anita Duch (Rutland Town)
- Vacant (Rutland Town)
Vision: The community center of literacy, culture and lifelong learning.
Mission: Bring people, information and ideas together to enrich lives and to build a vibrant, strong community.